A data warehouse workshop will be orgaized by the subproject Z1 "Central Data Services" (Thomas Lotz - Data Manager).
Every member of the research unit and the cooperating projects is invited to join this workshop.
5th of October, 2011 at the UTPL / Loja, Edificio Octógono, Ground floor, Sala 4
Agenda and timetable:
09:00 - 10:00 Overview and introduction
(basics, might be skipped by experienced users)
- Introduction - The FOR816dw, its data, and its goals
- Modules of the website
- Administration (personnel data, accounting, station pass, and ECSF reservation)
- Data upload, management, query, and download
10:15 - 11:30 Presentation of new features and concepts
(interesting for any user, minimum one member of each subproject should participate)
- The old and new "Concept of dataset structure" (resource/entity/attributes/values) and concerning meta data
- The new "Extended search" on datasets: temporal, spatial, personnel, and content related criteria
- The new "Category tree for attributes": An ontology approach
- The old but still crucial "Data User Agreement" ... and its utilization
- Planned "Data publication pipeline" (DOI)
- Data access and intellectual rights (now and after the termination of the RU)
11:30 - 12:00 User feedback, discussion, and future development
- Your annotations and wishes are welcome
After lunch there will be time for individual support in issues of preparing data sets for upload. For special requirements, you might contact me in advance.
If possible bring along a notebook.
Please feel free to contact Thomas Lotz (Data Manager) for further information: thomas.lotz[at]staff.uni-marburg.de